Friday 24 August 2012

Purr-fect Pet at the SPCA

Went to the SPCA today to see the animals and was happy to see all the activity surrounding the 'Find your perfect feline friend' campaign. As a way to do my part, I'm going to highlight one of the kitties at the shelter, here in Penticton, in today's post.

Meet Scrappy:






- The Following is a copy of her profile at the SPCA -

Poor Scrappy was left at the shelter door in a box with a note that read:
"My name is Scrappy. I am a fixed female tortoiseshell cat. I'm almost 6 years old. I would love to go to a home where there are no other cats or dogs and where I can get the one-on-one attention I deserve. I get freaked out when I'm with young kids. I'm a very talkative cat. I have never been outside before. My owner doesn't have time for me and I deserve better!"
Scrappy is a character and a half! She spends her mornings out of the kennel greeting staff, volunteers, and summer campers. She bounces happily around the lobby amusing us with her outgoing personality, jovial swagger, and dainty meows.
She tolerates the dogs and bunnies she meets on her morning outing. Without a doubt, a shelter favorite, we know Scrappy will make a wonderful addition to a home where people appreciate her unique charm.


Scrappy got to have some roaming time while I was there. She was really happy to be out of her cage.





Also got a chance to snuggle one of the many kittens! This beautiful bow looks just like his mommy Lexi, who is also at the shelter.


*Both cats shown are currently available for adoption at the Penticton, BC shelter.*
*Please contact the SPCA if you're interested in adopting!*




On a final note...

PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment